Saturday, November 13, 2010

Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)

Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)


Having a look around the net about this track and a lot of people don't seem to be liking it. Many listeners complaining that the band is now getting lazy, that they have gone electronic. That the music has no soul.


Personally, I don't believe that it. I actually really like the song. It's got electronic music which is my preferred type of music. It samples 80's wonder track I've Had The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes. It's a new style for the band which, I think, is quite brave.


Fergie's vocals certainly don't sound as strained as they have on some other tracks. The rap by the male trio is all there as well.


Most of the negative comments seem to people with disgruntled listeners who can't seem to appreciate the evolution of the band.


Here's the song, what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment